Monday, March 16, 2009

Lots of progress.

The last few days have been very busy around here. Thursday I moved the to camper to the driveway before the thaw. Saturday the trailer got more insulation, wiring, more bolts in the floor, then inside skin panels started going on by Sunday night all the panels but one were on.
First coat of paint is on.

Before the camper is painted.

Painted backend.

Painted front.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fabrics are purchased and started

Here is the before picture of the Goucho which is under the front window. There is another cushion that is used to make it a double bed when it lays down.
We made a trip to Rochester, MN to the Mill End Textiles. I could have done a lot more damage than I did, but was able to find this fabric for decorating the inside of the Airstream.
The white fabric is thermal lining that was on sale for $2.49/yd! The next one down is a chocolate brown with green and orange ovals on it for the goucho. The light green is 10 yards for the curtains and then the orange (with a slight, zebra stripe in it) is 4 yards for the backing behind the twin beds in the middle. We also were able to get padding for behind the beds, zippers by the yard for the gaucho, and the zipper ends, all for $130! Most of their fabrics were $4.99 a yard. They even carried a bunch of camper fabrics, but found they weren't funky enough for our tastes.

After working on the goucho for two days, I got it done! There were two 72 inch zippers in the back. The front of the goucho is one piece of material, with only 7 pieces altogether to make the goucho, you can imagine my struggles! Another point of interest, the back has a board in it to attach brackets to attach the goucho in a sitting position to the camper.
I took the old pieces apart and used them for patterns, but several times, could not figure out how to get them together again! Oh well, in the end, they fit perfectly!! Yeah! I just have to cover the other cushion with this material and two arm rests and the gaucho will be complete!

The Floor is In!

It's in! The floor is finally in! My husband is still chasing down some of those leaks, but they all seem to be coming from the windows. If anyone has any idea of how to get those stopped, we would love to hear about it. I think the windows should be taken out and resealed and then put back in, but my husband thinks that he should be able to seal them without. He has put the rubberized coating around all the frames.

Next, the side walls, electrical and insulation will be put back in! Then the flooring!

Monday, March 2, 2009

A Good Days Work

We got the lower wiring into the inside along with the lower section of insulation as you can see in the photo above. Elevator bolts were put into the body of the Airstream today also. I'll write another sentence here, because my husband thinks it should look like he did more than two sentences worth today! I'm just such a great writer, I can sum it all up quickly. Stay tuned for more next week.